Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stripping Wallpaper

We have had this pastel peach and teal wallpaper with large flowers on the wall in our entryway and along one wall of our living room since we've lived here. And I really don't like it. I think it's hideous. So today I took it down. I'll need to strip the backing off the walls too, and that might take a little longer. But at least there aren't any more peachy flowers on the wall.

I've been thinking it will be fun to see when John notices. Will he as soon as he walks in? When he sees the extra bag of garbage that's incredibly light? When he next looks at our blog? (It's supposedly for both of us to write in, but it's mostly just me...)

The Robinson's are stripping wallpaper from their bathroom and hallway, too. I was thinking that maybe we could have a contest to see who could get the walls painted he fastest. They had a couple layers in their bathroom, but they also have more helpers. Well, I do have two helpers who are around more often, but they're also shorter. It could be fun...!

No comments: