Thursday, April 19, 2007

Running into Things

I usually pay enough attention to my surroundings that I don't run into things. But sometimes I get distracted, and sometimes I don't notice things.

Yesterday I ran into a tree. That is, I almost brushed some tree branches with my ear. It was pretty close. Yes, it was a short tree, but that's not the point. The point actually is that there were little leaves about to burst forth from the branches, and I've been waiting so long to see anything green on trees, and it was so wonderful to actually run into springtime.

There are little clusters of leaves with jaggedy edges and I could see maybe an inch of green in some places. Today as I was driving I noticed that the barren brown trees are turning a puky sort of yellow-green. (It was actually pretty ugly. Hence the "puky.") It's almost spring!

No comments: