Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Running--Attempt 1

Yesterday I ran. Or at least, I tried to.

I have a loop around a few blocks in my neighborhood that I've been walking most days, and usually it takes about 20 minutes. I figure it's a little over a mile.

I had to stop walk for a few houses, three times. Ouch.

Ouch to my ego, not my feet. Although I now have sore muscles that never were sore when I ran in high school or college. My thighs, for example. And my calves. Oooh, my calves were thinking I was crazy when I tried to make them keep pushing me forward, and they may have been right.

So tonight I'll have another good long stretch. And again in the morning, before I try again. And maybe next week I'll only stop twice. And maybe next month I'll run two, or even three, loops without stopping at all. And soon, I'll feel like a runner again. Soon.

No comments: