Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Peanuts in my Pepsi"

When John was serving his mission, he met a guy (one of the other elders? an investigator?) who put peanuts in his Pepsi. "It's all about the crunch, man, it's all about the crunch." Sort of ridiculous--the peanuts would obviously float to the bottom, and "the crunch" wouldn't happen until you're eating wet peanuts after you drink your soda.

Obviously not. I just attempted this (because I always thought it was ridiculous). The peanuts actually float to the top (come on, unless you tried it before, you thought the peanuts would sink, too, just like I did). "The crunch" is kind of fun, but about half of the peanuts floated to the back of the glass when I went to drink it, so there was the "wet peanuts effect" after my soda was gone (I used Sprite--I don't know if that affects anything--Did you notice my proper use of "effect" and "affect?" I'm a sucker for grammar and spelling, always have been.) I also used honey roasted peanuts, which I might change in the future (supposing future "peanuts in my Pepsi" episodes) as the honey roasted goodness is removed by the soda and leaves a gross-looking film in the glass.

Maybe it's better with Pepsi?

2 comments:

John Robinson said...

definitely unsalted in Pepsi would be better than barbeque in Sprite, although you're brave for trying it.

Anonymous said...

That's gross...drinks should not have a crunch...