Tuesday, June 5, 2007

"Can" and "Should"

Sometimes you should do things just because you can. Other times, even though you can do something it doesn't mean you should.

For example...

This morning I was getting dressed. (Something I should do because I can.) I decided to try on some capris from a couple years ago, which used to be very loose. (Arguably another thing I should do because I can--spend less money on new clothes, consider progress my body has made at returning to normal proportions, etc.) When I sucked in my stomach as much as I could and stretched out like a cat, the pants no longer made me look horrible, but only slightly roll-y in the wrong places (not like there are really right places to look roll-y).

Wearing those pants was definitely something I shouldn't do, even though I could.

2 comments:

alison said...

Ahh, this was supposed to be a humorous post. I should (and can?) try to remember to avoid attempts at humor immediately after I wake up. :)

Christine said...

It wasn't humorous? I know what you mean about streatching out to make certain pants fit. Even before being pregnant I bought pants on my skinny moments which didn't fit a few months later. I prefer comfortable pants (that still don't make my rear look huge) as opposed to sucking it in all day! The only time I can and should wear such articles is when it's laundry day and I shouldn't start my own family colony!