Sunday, June 3, 2007

Nudist Colony

Yes. It's true. We have a secret nudist colony surfacing over here now that summer is upon us. It appears to be growing, as well.

A relative (who will remain unnamed) stopped by at an unreasonably early hour (around 8 a.m.) a few days ago, and let herself in. Which would have been fine had we been a normal family and awake. But, we weren't. I awoke to somebody opening our front door and made John put some clothes on (no, neither of us were actually naked, just inappropriately dressed to have company--but appropriately dressed for sleeping on a hot summer's night).

Rather embarrassing.

Jeremiah has a notion to become a stripper. This morning as I changed his diaper, he kept saying, "No die, no die." (As in "diaper," not death. Duh.) But I put it on anyway. Only to find him completely naked 5 minutes later. I let him be in his heroic altogether for quite a while before I dressed him again. (And yes, "heroic altogether" was my favorite term from Humanities 202. It cracks me up. Actually, our textbook was rather entertaining and well-written, which happens to be completely off-topic.) Jeremiah stayed dressed for an hour or so...

But as I was saying: a nudist colony. Call before you come over. Unless you like surprises...

No comments: