Thursday, May 22, 2008

Top 4 ingredients in Marshmallow Mateys

No, I'm not currently a health nut. But the top 4 ingredients are...

1. Whole grain oat flour.

2. Marshmallows.

3. Sugar.

4. Corn syrup.

Um, the sugars content is 13 grams...of a 30 gram serving. Breakfast cereal? High-sugar snack/dessert? Does anyone really want their kids eating this "food"?

(Yes, I do think that the whole grain oat flour is wonderful for our bodies, and corn syrup is better without the "high-fructose" part.)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ooooh....that brings back memories of Marshmellow Matey day for Merrill hall....I can still remember the hight sugar aroma wafting through the air and the sickly faces of the guys....I don't know if it can be classified as "food".

John Robinson said...

Woodine, ask your husband what I used to put in my 64 oz. cup every morning Freshman year. Oh wait, I suppose you can guess it pretty easily now.