Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jeremiah's Update

This post is the second of three, in the attempt to give my kids equal attention, and is centered on Jeremiah.

Jeremiah. We're working on potty training with him right now, and sometimes it goes pretty well. Yesterday he didn't have any accidents! I made a chart for us to make a green dot when he goes potty and a red X when he has an accident, which helps remind me to take him potty. The tricky part with him is I don't think he registers that he needs to go, which means we need to remember for him.

A week or so ago he and I were exiting a store and one of his friends from school saw him and excitedly was telling his parents "That's Jeremiah! He's in my school at Southern Bluffs! Hi Jeremiah!" After a minute of prompting, Jeremiah said "Markos!" Sometimes I think that everything inside of him just doesn't know how to get out. And he probably had a hard time connecting someone from school with someone at the store (I know I have a hard time with that, at least).

In his special book for Primary, I filled in the following:

One of my favorite things to do with my family is "family tickle time." It's pretty fun...and he has such a great cracking up laugh!

My least favorite thing to eat is grapefruit. He won't touch the stuff. Everything else he'll eat. Just not grapefruit.

My favorite Primary song is "Whenever I hear the song of a bird" and he sings all the words. :)

When I grow up I think I want to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle or Spiderman. He's been practicing. He has some pretty refined moves.

If I could visit any temple in the world it would be Hong Kong China. The Primary president brought in 20 pictures of temples around the world and let each child choose one.

If I could meet anyone in the scriptures it would be Jesus.

One way I try to follow my Savior is by saying prayers. Jeremiah says the sweetest prayers. Granted, all the phrases are taken from prayers that we say with him. Maybe it's just his little voice. But it is very sweet.

School ends next week. Jeremiah has grown so much this past year. He speaks in small full sentences at least some of the time, and communicates what he wants very clearly. He does have a bunch of obsessions, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Spiderman, and some "stims," including spinning toys on a surface and spinning toys in the air and (hopefully) catching them to do it again (not such a great idea during Sacrament meeting). He loves to cuddle for a good 20 minutes when he wakes up and 20 before he goes to sleep again at night. He loves to go to Grandpa's house and to eat "brown" (usually brownies). He knows his colors and some letters and most of the words to songs from Primary and school. He's a very sweet little boy.

No comments: