Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday Cake

Today was John's birthday! Happy birthday, honey! (I thought I'd mention that even though the rest of this isn't about him.)

Danielle was so sad in her crib tonight. I guess she'd been crying for a while before I came home, so about ten minutes after I'd been home I retrieved her from her crib (standing with tears streaming down her cheeks) and started walking around our house to figure out if there was something specific she wanted. When she saw John she gave him the evil eye and didn't want to be within a few feet of him. Then I wandered into our kitchen. And the reaching and grunting/whining started.

There was a frosted cake on the counter and Danielle wanted some. She helped me make it this afternoon. I think she was extremely upset that she was put to bed without getting any cake! She was also thirsty and some family was over watching the last songs of American Idol, but I really think it was the cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

One of my fondest memories of you as a little boy is you running around grandma's house yelling "May 20th, May 20th". I think that is why I will never forget your birthday. Happy Birthday. I hope you had a good day and enjoyed your cake.

Miss you!

Aunt Vicki

Cougarg said...

Happy Birthday John! I thought it was going to be soon. Brent's birthday was last week, and mine is next month, so I knew it was about time for yours. In UP, we roomed oldest to youngest, right to left, oldest person on the top bunk in each room.

Jay - top bunk
Aaron - bottom

Tim - top
Brent - bottom

John - top
me - bottom

And it's not like we planned it that way, just the way it turned out.