Friday, April 17, 2009

Family Roles

So, I think it's pretty basic. I'm the mom, John's the dad, Isaac's the big brother and comic relief, Jeremiah's the younger brother with tons of hugs and cuddles, Danielle's the little miss the little sister.

Danielle likes to insist on role switching. I love you... No I love YOU. You're so cute...No, YOU'RE so cute. It's your bedtime...No, it's YOUR bedtime.

It's pretty fun, and actually very cute. I know she's figuring out her boundaries, so I'm happy to let her explore.

Today, she said, "I'm the mom." I took her role and said, "No, I'm the mom," which I suppose is true. She replied, "No, I'm the mom. You're the little princess." Ah, she does have her role pinned down.

1 comment:

Cougarg said...

We had a book growing up, and I think it was called something like "If I Was the Mom." It reminded us that we should appreciate being the kids instead of the parents. Parents have it rougher than kids give them credit for.