Monday, January 21, 2008

tag

5 things I was doing ten years ago:

1. Debating as a four-person team in the Wisconsin state debate tournament (we took second place!)
2. I was stamping out foam math manipulatives for first and second graders with friends (Eagle Scout Project)
3. I was playing guitar for the (lower level) Jazz band, guitar for the (lower level) show choir, cello for the orchestra (last chair), and French Horn for the (higher level) band (first chair)
4. I was playing Necromunda (fun tabletop game with little painted sci-fi gang members) at next generation listening to Daft Punk - Discovery.
5. I was getting in one of at least three unreported car accidents (the at least is, three I remember)

5 things I will do now:

1. Get by Dental Abscess fixed (most likely by getting my tooth pulled :( )
2. Work on my puddle (see previous post)
3. Fill out 1099s, 1096s, W2s, W3s, and a myriad of other forms after an hour commute to Black River Falls, Wisconsin
4. Learn International Finance (I have a week before I teach it)
5. Make a smart whiteboard out of my laptop using a Wiimote

5 things I'll be doing 10 years from now:

1. Installing printable solar panels on my roof
2. Wait, in 10 years I'm going to be 38. This list is stupid.
3. But I can't stop: I'll be up in the middle of the night talking to my team in Mumbai about development on the new game.
4. From my libertarian base of operations in Antarctica... or space. I can't decide.
5. Reading Jay's novel.

5 favorite toys I have:

1. Alison's Tupperware spatula: it is just so cool in many and multiple ways.
2. Kongregate.com
3. FlashDevelop
4. news.ycombinator.com
5. My pinewood derby car (it's got a real, working, LED light-up propeller)

5 favorite toys I want:

1. Wiimote
2. RepRap
3. BugLabs
4. Anybots
5. Electric Car

5 people to tag

1. Todd
2. John
3. Thomas
4. Lawson
5. John

6 comments:

Todd said...

you like kongregate, have you seen casualcollective.com? Was the Lawson tag for my three year old Lawson?

Cougarg said...

Awesome! I'll have to check out your pond when I don't have to be using my iPhone. Good luck with international finance! Do you have to be libertarian to go to the secret lair, or can you be moderate?

alison said...

I think that "I was playing Necromunda (fun tabletop game) with little painted sci-fi gang members" is much more entertaining!

Cougarg said...

oh, playing necromunda is always pretty entertaining. I stop by Dragon's Keep every once in awhile, and I always look to see if it has been brought back. The Mallard has gone all out on a similar game called Heroscape, it is pretty fun too.

John Colton said...

Which Johns did you tag? Far too common a name.

alison said...

Um, if you think you were tagged, you probably were... :)