Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thinking Happy Thoughts

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and heart to get here."

-Ronald Reagan
From his farewell address to the nation in January 1989

2 comments:

Tim said...

Is this to celebrate his 97th birthday? A little bit of elaboration would be nice :)

Anonymous said...

I like leaving random quotes out there to speak for themselves.