Sunday, August 9, 2009

Helmets

"Where's my bike??!" Jeremiah happily started looking. He had seen helmets in the kitchen. Four helmets, two matching, bright blue with red spiders. He didn't find his bike in the kitchen, or the living room, or the hallway, or the bathroom, or his bedroom. "Where's my bike?!"

Well... He doesn't have one. We have a new (Craigslist-ed) bike trailer, and are planning on biking the boys to Kindergarten, which is about 3 miles away. A little too far for a four year old to ride. Especially as he doesn't know how to ride a bike yet. But, we figured, as responsible parents, that the children should each wear a helmet as they ride in the trailer.

He also discovered his new, fancy, zippered Spiderman lunchbox. "It will go in your backpack, and at lunchtime you'll open it up and there will be a sandwich and an apple and a juice box in it! Won't that be fun?" So, of course, now he wants an apple.

I've been trying to implement the idea of going to school again in his cute blond head. Your teacher's name is Miss Wilson! No, my teacher is Miss Rachel. My teacher is Miss Erica. You are so big, you get to go to Kindergarten [next week, in two days]! No, I'm all done with school. I'm all done with school!! You get to go to a different school soon. Won't that be fun? I'm all done with school.

One of the hard things for me with Jeremiah is simply that he is so completely literal. His preschool had a graduation, his teachers told him he was all done with school. So, as noted above, he believes he is all done with school, never to return. I did take the kids around their new school, and the play equipment is definitely the winning factor. :)

1 comment:

kT said...

That is so darling - I'm sure its way more cute to those of us who don't have to have the conversation - but I think its super cute! :)