Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Biking, Day 2

John and I thought that transporting the boys to their school, which is 3 miles away, would be a great idea. Save on gas (we really don't get good gas mileage), mandate some exercise, do our small part to help the environment, be healthier examples for our children. And so on.

This is Day 2. Last night we had Meet the Teacher Night, so we had a nice practice ride when we found out how long it takes to get there. About 35 minutes, including getting the kids out of the apartment and into the bike trailer. Driving would shave off about 15 minutes.

Ow. Biking hurts.

I have bruises. I have scratches. I drew blood. I know which shoes not to wear (that little metal clasp that's so cute hurts!). And I have very very sore muscles.

I like to think I'm a runner. Really, I'm not. I used to be, but I'm not anymore. I do try to run 2-3 miles a few times a week...which results in running 2-3 miles a few times a week once a month. Slowly.

We've ridden 14 miles in the last two days, I'm about to go pick up the boys alone. John's pulled the trailer until now, and I need to find out how long it takes me to ride the boys to Kindergarten solo so we can stop squishing 3 kids into a 2-kid trailer. I think it will be longer than 35 minutes.

I hope that day 20 doesn't hurt so much. :)

1 comment:

Janae said...

Good for you! Biking is a fantastic idea! Well...it will probably seem more fantastic once you get over the sore-ness part... Aaron and I are going to start working out together and I'm not looking forward to that sore-ness phase!! Good luck!!