Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Vacuuming Makes Me Sad

Last night I had Isaac (and the big bird-dragon, and the little bird-dragon, and "Zaptos" the pterodactyl) help me clean up the toys in the living room so I could vacuum. After he had helped pick up toys and throw away some garbage, I got out the vacuum.

"Mom, I don't want you to vacuum. The vacuum makes me sad."

"Isaac, why does the vacuum make you sad? It's fun--it makes the carpet clean again, like magic!" (Maybe that's exaggerating my true feelings a bit, but...)

"You might vacuum me. And then you'd have to buy a new kid like me."

Oh!

"Isaac, there are no other kids like you. And I won't vacuum you up. Stay on the couch with the little bird-dragon and the big bird-dragon and Zaptos, and then the vacuum definitely won't vacuum you."

4 comments:

Cougarg said...

So how much does a 2003 model Isaac cost these days? I'm sure they appreciate in value over time, so I imagine one would be quite pricey. So I agree, best to keep the one you've got.

Anonymous said...

Very Very cute story!

Anonymous said...

Cougarg, there's a bargain model, but he looks like Haley Joel Osment

Cougarg said...

LOL