Thursday, September 6, 2007

Jeremiah's First Day of School

I thought I'd be really happy to have Jer go off to school, but apart from the momentary elation of putting him on the bus, I'm a little bit sad. We had a tiny bit of cuddle time this morning, but he was still pretty sleepy when the bus came.

Here's Jeremiah being fascinated that a bus is stopping in front of his house.


And here's us trying to get a cute "off to school" picture for his first day.

I'm sure he'll be just fine. Yesterday he screamed all the way to the car after his orientation; I think he'll have a ton of fun and play a lot, and hopefully be happy to get on a bus again to come home!

4 comments:

Cougarg said...

The bus driver seems like a jovial fellow in those pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

totally weird question but does the bus have car seats? or seat belts?

alison said...

The bus does have a bunch of car seats. When I put him on it this morning, the helper on the bus asked if I wanted him in a car seat or on a bench, so I guess it's a choice. That was my concern with busing him, though--I looked very concerned when the school-people were telling me that we could have him take the bus to school. Can you imagine taking a handful of 3 year olds and telling them not to move off their seats?! I don't think that would work.

Christine said...

I hope he keeps loving school. I hope it gets easier for you too...maybe some afternoon cuddle time?