Friday, September 7, 2007

The Bus

When Jeremiah came home yesterday, most of my worries were relieved: Did he make it to school, to his teacher? Will he make it back...?

He did.

Even better, this morning when I was taking him out to his bus, he got really excited. I don't know if it was to get on the bus or that the bus takes him to school, but either way is good for me. That made me feel better, that everything is going to be just fine.

The bus bringing him home arrived about 15 minutes early, and pulled up to the side of our house, and honked twice. We have a neighbor that takes the bus home and arrives about 20 minutes before Jeremiah, who lives across the street, so I assumed it was him. A couple minutes later, a lady holding onto a little boy's hand was walking to our door, and everything almost made sense--it was Jeremiah's bus.

Except the little boy wasn't Jeremiah.

We returned that boy to the bus, and traded him for the little boy who was crying, but forgot to ask if he had a coat with him (it was raining this morning). When Jeremiah got out of the bus, he held my hand all the way inside and then some.

I like that he wants to cuddle with me even more now that he's gone for some of the day.

And I think that school will be really good for him. I think he'll be having a lot of fun really soon. (It's still a little new, and he has some fun, but not as much as he soon will have. :)

No comments: