Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Danielle

Danielle has truly been a joy to me these past few weeks. She is so happy, so joyful, so incredibly cute and genuine.

I finally figured out how to get her to sit still so I can put her hair up: I sit her on the countertop of the bathroom sink, she puts her feet in the sink and brushes her teeth, and she's in one place long enough that I can get a few elastics in her hair so it mostly stays out of her face for a reasonable amount of time each day. Then she looks in the mirror afterward and exclaims "So CUTE!!!," which of course, is so cute.

She answers questions... How old are you? "None," holding up one finger. What's your name? "Duh-nell" She makes many requests to go on walks in the stroller. Two of her favorite new words this week are Cinderella and robot. She loves to read books, and is constantly asking me what things are while I'm driving. She always wants to know what color, and likes to tell me everything is "eeen!" (green, but sometimes pink. Yes, they sound the same.)

She still loves to have two fingers in her mouth, especially in new situations. She wants to do everything that her brothers do, including go potty (standing, of course). She is still my best eater and my best listener, and the easiest to get to sleep.

Danielle absolutely loves Cinderella (and princesses in general). I bought her a Cinderella doll; Jeremiah loves Cinderella and her "ooh, pretty princess dress" as much as Danielle (I'll chalk it up to princesses being a novelty here). So, Danielle's Christmas wish-list consists of baby dolls and princesses. :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

That's so CUTE!

She sounds like a lot of fun and just a delight.

Melanie said...

Adorable. I want to see a picture of her! I haven't seen her in a long time. She is lovely.

I love that she loves Cinderella and Princesses. Be ready to have everything Disney Princess. She should come over here and play with Annie. We have tons of toys that would interest her. :) So sweet.

Melanie

John Colton said...

One of our kids, I think it was Leslie, did the "none" while holding up a single finger also. Very cute.