Sunday, September 7, 2008

Arizona

So, we made it. We had a crazy month in August with two weddings in two states we weren't living in and the craziness of packing and cleaning up our house in La Crosse and then moving into our apartment here.

We're doing well. My boys all enjoy their schools, and John has the fewest hours in class. :) I'm starting to have a nice schedule and figuring out when to do what with the most productivity and happiness. I got pulled over (first time ever) because I still had temporary plates on the car and it had expired the day before (we had gone to the dealer to pick up our plates and he didn't have them ready and told us to come back Monday, so it's totally not my fault and I thanked the officer for pulling me over--that's his job, right?). Isaac's having a hard time adjusting, but Danielle and Jeremiah are happy little clams. It should be a good, different, interesting two years.

Today John was sustained and set apart as the Assistant Scoutmaster (is anyone really surprised? He's been in Scouts since we've been in family wards...He brought his Scout shirt, and we packed really lightly), and I am the ward organist and a Primary worker. I tried to not accept the organist calling, and our bishop looked at me and recommended thinking about it and giving him a call within the next few days--I left him a message a few hours later accepting it. :) And I'm Jeremiah's Sunbeam teacher. He's the only one. At least I know exactly how many kids will be in class each week. :)

5 comments:

Tim said...

Glad to see you guys made it back out west okay. Who got married?
April and I taught sunbeams in our last ward. It's a fun job. Hopefully you'll get a few more of them.

Cougarg said...

I figured you guys must have been busy. Look forward to more updates as you get settled in!

Deanna said...

Glad you guys made it there safe and that most everyone is adjusting well! Ha - if you ever figure out how to not accept a calling, let me know :-)

Anonymous said...

It was like having you guys passing on the dark side of the moon for a while there ... absolute radio silence. I'm glad you've all made it and are doing well.

Anonymous said...

PS--I can't believe you thanked the officer. I would have been restraining myself from punching him in the nose (it's been a bad year for me and the men in blue ...)