Saturday, July 14, 2007

Bathtub Fizzies

Jeremiah's occupational therapist suggested randomly changing his routine. Like having a different color of plate at dinner or doing things in a different order. So he's forced to notice that things are different. He has "low registration" of his world, meaning partly that he stops noticing things.

Yesterday I bought "bathtub fizzies"--you put a couple in the bathwater to dissolve, and it changes the color of the water. This morning we did a blue one and a red one, and the water was a pretty (though grayish) lavender.

I left the boys to their own devices while I folded a quick load of laundry. And when I checked on them I noticed bubbles in the bathtub...which weren't there before. So I stepped closer. And the water was black, with bubbles. What else did I buy? Oh. I didn't buy anything else. It was just all of the fizzies, care of Jeremiah's brother. And all of the baby wash, care of Jeremiah's brother. I sternly said That's not okay. And turned into the kitchen to cover up my laughter.

So, 20 blue fizzies and 20 red fizzies and 20 yellow fizzies make black. Maybe really really dark brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound like fun. Where do you get them?

(Remember, I have three nieces and a nephew, and being Favorite Uncle doesn't "just happen.")

alison said...

Wal-Mart? I think they're everywhere these days.