Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Motives

I firmly believe that anyone can do anything with the right motivation. Sometimes it's just figuring out what you need to get you going.

Today that applies to Isaac and potty training. Dragon stickers. Each time Isaac goes pee-pee in the toilet, he gets to put one dragon sticker on his potty stickers paper. When all the dragon stickers are on the paper, he then gets a transformer. There are two sheets of dragon stickers and two transformers; Isaac's had five attempts and three successes at peeing in the last half hour, so he has three dragon stickers on his paper. I do believe I found him the right motivation.

I hope that if he's rewarded for using the toilet he won't want to keep his soaking wet diapers on.

And he's been more excited to eat and drink because it helps him have more pee-pee. Interesting reason for the kid who doesn't eat.

As soon as Isaac's all the way potty trained, we'll start working on Jeremiah. I think he'll be easier and harder. And then I won't have to change their diapers anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my nephew could use some dragon sticker/transformer motivation himself.

Wait, I mean me. I could use some dragon sticker/transformer motivation.

Cougarg said...

This stuff is great when read at 1:47 AM!