Friday, May 4, 2007

Letting the Bird Out

So, I was sitting on the couch with Danielle when I heard the fridge open. We have a refrigerator lock, so it could only mean one thing: Isaac was involved.

Although Isaac has a pretty steady hand when it comes to pouring his own drinks, I try to restrain the child from adventure as best I can. After a moment of deliberation, I rushed to the scene of the crime.

The refrigerator door was open. Naturally I shut it.

Isaac and Jeremiah were at the table, looking entirely innocent. Not willing to be deceived, I examined the situation more closely, only to find...

An egg in Isaac's hand.

"Isaac! What are you doing with the egg?!" I exclaimed.

He so coyly replied, "Mom, I have to let the bird out. I let the bird out!"

Doing my best not to laugh, I tried to explain that the birds only come out when the mommy birds sit on eggs in a nest. Birds never come out of eggs that are in the fridge. I don't think I got through, though.

No comments: