Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Book Group!

I hosted our ward's first Relief Society book group tonight. Which means that my apartment is spotless, we have leftover banana bread, and everything is quiet--John took the kids to play at McDonald's and I'm not sure that they'll ever come back.

It also means that I know three people better than I knew them before and I met one new person in our ward. Which is really exciting, because I don't get out much. I play the organ every week during Sacrament meeting then rush over to teach Sunbeams for the rest of church, so I don't talk to anyone in our ward over four years old on Sundays, which makes meeting new people rather tricky.

Last Tuesday I went to a game night my visiting teacher hosted for me. I had mentioned feeling a bit isolated. Then Thursday I had Enrichment. And a full day on Saturday. So my Real Live People quota hours are filled through February! Yippee!

(We read The Scarlet Pimpernel this month and are reading To Kill a Mockingbird for March. For anyone that wants to follow along. :)

4 comments:

Tim said...

With that list of books, you better be planning a couple of movie nights too...
Those are two great movies.

Lees said...

I love the Scarlet Pimpernell. I agree with Tim, definitely see the movie. It's really fun and includes such characters as Dr.Quinn medicine woman, and gandalf the grey. I am glad you are getting in some good girl time :) Life is harder and not to mention a little dull without a few good girl friends :)

BYU Inquiry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What was your opinion of The Scarlet Pimpernel (the book), Alison?

To Kill a Mockingbird has been sitting by my bed for about 6 months, waiting to be read. Maybe I'll have to join your book group next month.