Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Alison's Thankful List

This week, in conjunction with Thanksgiving, our family has been remembering things we are thankful for. In family morning prayers, we have been saying only "thank-you prayers" for this week preceding Thanksgiving, in response to Elder Bednar's counsel to "periodically...offer a prayer in which we only give thanks and express gratitude. Ask for nothing; simply let our souls rejoice and strive to communicate appreciation with all the energy of our hearts."I thought I would post each person's list separately.

My Thankful List:

Opportunities to create music.

Prayer.

That I unknowingly married an incredibly forgiving man; that I knowingly married a loving, kind, compassionate, incredibly brilliant, outgoing, entertaining, respectful, encouraging, slightly clueless, righteous man, who loves me and helps me to become a better person, on my personal time-frame.

For Isaac's laughter, his desire to help others be happy, his honesty and imagination, that each bring a sparkle to my life.

For Jeremiah's sweetness, his capacity to learn, his need for physical affection, "kissing fights," the bedtime stories that he tells to me, the Primary songs that he sings to me.

For Danielle's willingness to obey, to be happy, to be a helper, to be my shadow and my friend, that she's a child I can love and not worry about (so far).

Good food. Fresh fruit, homemade breads in many varieties, good tasting water.

Chocolate.

That clean, well-fitting clothes are a normal part of life.

That I have so many simple ways to communicate with my friends and family over long distances.

For my testimony of Christ, His life, His Gospel, and His love for me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the "slightly clueless" addition to the list of Johns qualities. It made me laugh!