Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Addition

I'm working with Isaac on adding. We went on two walks today and tried to find 5 robins and 3 dogs. We found 9 robins and 2 dogs on the first walk, the last dog on the second walk, and then Isaac said, "We're on level two now! Now we need to find 6 robins and 5 dogs. If we find a cat we win!" When we were looking for 5 robins and had found one, Isaac said we had to find four more. (Et cetera.) We had a lot of fun walking around the block with Danielle.

Isaac (and Horse, his invisible horse) were eating carrots and milk in the kitchen (because that's obviously what horses like best), and Isaac was explaining to Horse about how he "went on a walk at Grandma's house and fell down on the street and got an ow on his leg and that the bad alligator scratched his leg and that too much and a lot make too much and too much and too much and too much and too much." (I suppose that would make 4 * "too much" = "a lot.")

1 comment:

Cougarg said...

I know someone who could use Isaac's help with math. I was playing pool with a girl in my ward at an activity while the second counselor's 6-year old boy was keeping "score". I always seemed to get double-digit points whether I knocked any balls in or not, and every other shot was for the win. But the girl always seemed to get 0 points, even when she hit one in, which she did more frequently than I. Apparently pool scoring is more complicated than I thought.