Friday, March 20, 2009

Laundry Room Adventures

Laundry is one of those things in life that's fairly inevitable. I can think of a few ways around it, but none of them are realistic for my lifestyle. Although it would be nice if we had a washer and dryer in our apartment, it's also nice that I can do multiple loads of laundry simultaneously, given that I have enough quarters.

I always have certain choices to make when I do laundry: Do I take all my kids with me? What's the best time to do it? If I don't take my kids with me, what do I do with them?

Which is almost silly, because it takes only about 3 minutes to start 2 loads of laundry.

Which isn't silly at all, because in those 3 minutes, many things can happen.

From today:

Choosing to sneak out to start just one more load, I looked up at our balcony, and there was Danielle, standing on a chair pushed over to the side, leaning over... Okay, not quite that dramatic, but within a couple reasonable actions, very dangerous. I had her come help me.

Coming back up with her, Isaac came out to meet us... And Jeremiah locked us all out. (We have an inside-only deadbolt, which means that on key can let us in.) Again. Most times that the three of us are out of our apartment, Jeremiah tends to lock us out. Not the most fun, but we always get back in. Regretfully, I was wearing my slippery sandals--they're not very reliable for climbing up the railing to get in through the patio door. Eventually he opened the door to let us back in.

From other days:

Jeremiah's been known to close himself in the laundry room instead of going into the car when he doesn't want to go to school.

I've started a dryer with someone else's green crayon in it. It was a RoseArt, and we only buy Crayola. The top dryers are high enough that I can reach in, but I can't really see in very well. Only a few items were rendered completely unusable--we kept the green camouflage pajamas.

Laundry has great potential to be more exciting than it might at first seem.

1 comment:

Cougarg said...

I would rather not have crayons than to be saddled with RoseArt crayons. That's all there is to it.