Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cute sentences

These are from Danielle.

We were watching a show which had a cow in it, and I asked her if it was a big or little cow. "Big... It's a bigger cow... It's as big as the CEILING!

When she was up for an hour in the middle of the night, needing a new pull-ups, a drink, and everything else, and I was showing her that the pull-ups I chose for her DID have Dora on them (she was quite insistent)... "Oh. [giggle, giggle] I CONFUSE!"

This morning, at the table eating her pancakes... "Mom! My shadow is BEHIND me! It's BE-HIND me!!"

Looking at a Triceratops book from the library, she spent about ten minutes using a new mantra. "Is this a Triceratops? YES! Is this a triceratops? Yes! This is a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Is this a Triceratops? Yes. Is this a triceratops? YES! This is a baby Triceratops. This is the mommy Triceratops. Is this a Triceratops? YES!"

Her vocabulary and expressions astound me. She so typically uses perfect grammar that I was surprised when she said "I confuse." She understands literally everything I say, unless I deliberately try to use uncommon words. She's a joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up Danielle-y is! She has to be the perfect mix of fun and feminine...cinderella + wrestling with her brothers + loving to dress up + knowing her dinosaurs = one fun little girl. I can't wait until July when we can see you guys :)

-Lisa

Cougarg said...

What a cutie bug!

Christine said...

She is sooooo cute! Why is it that kids can be so stinkin cute in the middle of the night? Survival? I'm looking forward to seeing her (and you) again this summer!