Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bus

Jeremiah LOVES to ride on the bus. Last night he had a short, late nap and when he woke up (a tiny bit cranky) he went to our living room and was wandering around, listening for the bus, and asking, "Where are you bus? Bus? Coat? Backpack?"

This morning I went in to his room to wake him up (he was happily waking up on his own at the time--lucky for me) and help him get dressed, because "the bus is coming!" He got dressed quickly, with only a little bit of tickling for each of us, and we looked at a book until his bus came. (The book was "Off with their Heads," and the cover had a picture of a standing man. The man's head was a cabbage. We looked at it. We weren't reading it. He wanted to take it to school, but I put it on the floor when we were heading out to the bus.)

He has a cute little excited walk when we go out to the bus, and a little happy grin to go with it. I'm trying to remind him to hold onto the railing as he walks up the stairs, and I try to say bye before he turns to walk down the bus to his seat. I said "bye, Jeremiah" as he was going up the last step, and when he was up, he turned and waved and smiled and said, "Bye-ee! Bye!" I hope the bus driver doesn't mind the extra few seconds it takes. My day is made when Jeremiah says bye to me in the morning. (The bus driver always smiles, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind.)

No comments: